Monday, June 9, 2008

We're not in Kansas, Toto

Our airline ticket was bought in vain. Magnus and I had big plans to fly to Kansas for my family reunion (on my mom's side) last Thursday, but, it just didn't work out. If you knew my family, you'd be disappointed that you didn't get to see them too! =) They are so fun. Plus, I was going to spend two fun-filled days with Lori and her kids. Magnus wasn't feeling good though, and had been running a fever for more than a day, and when the night came that we had to get up (at 3am) to head to the airport, I decided if his fever hadn't stopped raging by 3, then we'd just stay home. (Joe was gone on a trip, and wasn't going with us.) I'm very conscientious about "contaminating" other people too (and no, I don't think Jesus would go to church with a cold), so I didn't want to take that chance either. I did notice that Magnus was cutting some whopper teeth back there though, so I thought that was all it was at first, but when I kept getting up with a screaming baby all night and then had to make the decision as to whether we went or not... and then I kept having all these visions of me trying to find a place out there that took our insurance if he had to go to the doctor, blah, blah, blah. But, wouldn't you know it, the next day he was a different child (after his fever did finally break) and he was much better. Of course I was bummed that we didn't go, but I was also relieved that he was better. I guess in the end it was a good thing that we didn't go though, because we would've spread more than love, peace and happiness out there. Saturday night I started running a fever too, and have been feeling pretty wiped out since. I've heard there's a fever virus going around, so I guess that explains it. Now my family won't feel so bad that they didn't get to see us. ;)