Thursday, June 12, 2008

Goodbye, sqeaky buddy.


Well, I was sad to find my little buddy Chancellor sleeping forever. I'll miss the way he always used to greet me with his sqeaks and squeals. Joe was away on a trip, so I dug a hole under the pretty trees and buried him myself. It wasn't very fun. I've never had to deal with a dead pet before. That was always something that Dad did for me - now I know why he used to say it ruined his whole day. I know Joe had to deal with all his pets growing up though, since his dad was gone so much. He even killed his pet rooster one time because he knew the family needed some meat. But then the old bird was so tough that they couldn't even eat it and had to throw it out! I think I would've had trouble eating "my" bird anyway. Joe's talked before of maybe someday getting some beef cattle, but do I think I could eat my very own Bessie? Yeah, no... I don't. I'll eat somebody else's cow, thank you.