Saturday, September 22, 2007

No parallel parking for Calista!


Well, we finally did it folks. Believe me when I say we actually don't mind driving old (or ugly) vehicles... we actually would rather be able to feel sorry for the poor wild animals that would run into or in front of us, instead of thinking, "Oh brother! Here comes another dent!!". Take my old Stratus for instance... So far it's slain (or stunned) 2 deer, 1 red fox, 1 bobcat, 1 raccoon, and a crow that actually knocked the mirror off! No, we didn't fix any of the damage from these poor beasts (unless you count physically pulling the fender out so it doesn't hit the tire, and bolting the mirror back on!) Yes, there's something to be said about driving a *cough* "broke in" vehicle. But we wanted something more dependable for the family since our old truck simply refuses to cooperate, no matter how much money we give it. And here's what we came up with - a 2003 Excursion! It's not perfect either, since it was wrecked once upon a time, but you have to look closely to notice it's "owwies" and we think it's just great. With only 50,000 miles on the 6.0 diesel engine, it should last us forever... at least that's what we're hoping! =) It even has a 6 CD player & and DVD overhead! Not selling features, but gladly accepted, to be sure! The problem with the DVD is that if you're up front you can't watch I Love Lucy or Clifford the Big Red Dog... I'm trying to think of how I can rig one of those big mirrors that are for looking at your kiddo. Yes, I know what Magnus looks like, but I was thinking more along the lines of being able to watch DVD's while I, um, drive. Okay okay... I know, it's probably not a great idea... but it's better than making Magnus drive isn't it? And besides, all the experts say that kids under 2 shouldn't watch any TV or videos, so it only makes sense that mommy should sit in the back with that detrimental little screen. Don't you think?