Saturday, September 22, 2007

More shots? Oh no!! P.S. The pic has nothing to do with the story.


Magnus & I had to brave another doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Do you remember how much he hated the last several check-ups? Lets just say that I didn't think I'd be able to handle another appointment on my own, so I scheduled this one a couple months ago (they book about a month in advance) & had it coincide with Joe's day off (which he has to bid for 1 1/2 months in advance). I was sooo relieved that he would be able to go too, & offer support for us in our time of distress... but wouldn't you know it - the day before the appointment, he got called to fly on his day off! Usually the extra pay for flying on his personal day takes the sting out of the disappointment, but not this time! But, I prayed & God helped. It was 100% better (& Mag was 100% braver) than any of the other times. He only cried after the shots! Can you believe it?! (Okay, for all you people out there with kiddies who don't cry until the "sting" hits... congratulations! My big "baby" can scream through an entire check-up without hardly taking a single breath! Yes, his pain threshold is quite low.) At 6 1/2 mo. old he weighed 23.1 lbs. & was 29 1/2" tall! Doc said he's off the chart for size - both height & weight. Does this mean that in a few years (like, say, 6?) I'll be, ahem, "disciplining" a child that is bigger than I am??