Sunday, May 4, 2008

Bedtime Story


Magnus loves it when we read to him, and whenever Joe is home (which hasn't been nearly enough lately) he is especially delighted to have that daddy/son one-on-one. Magnus prefers books with trucks and heavy equipment, but also likes his picture books and is learning many words from them. When I ask him "Where's the...", he can point out things like a tree, dog, cat, apple, elephant, giraffe, monkey, lizard, moon, orange, jelly beans, butterfly, zebra, hat (are you getting bored yet?), rabbit, watermelon, etc... and he also likes to insert appropriate animal noises with such things as the monkey (oo, oo, oo!) or dog (ba-woowoowoo). I'm soooo relieved to see such talent in the family. =) I'm also relieved to see a little boy that actually likes to brush his teeth! Joe says he gets it from me, but I must clarify that I don't actually enjoy brushing my teeth - it just takes me a very, very long time to get them "squeaky clean", and I will settle for nothing less. So when you see me walking around the house with my toothbrush for half an hour, please don't assume it's just a strange hobby of mine. I'm not that weird... yet.