Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Goodbye hurts!






Last night we lost one of our best friends, and the world's finest dog. Jack went to doggy "heaven" at the age of 8 and Joe and I are devastated. We dearly loved that dog! Joe noticed a large bump on the top of Jack's head Monday night that wasn't there earlier in the day and we have no idea what happened. Jack moped around all day Monday acting very unlike himself, and died basically 24 hours after we noticed the knot on his head. We will miss his sweet, gentle spirit, his wagging tail, and the way he always danced around the yard with us, flipping those gigantic feet as he went. Thankfully Magnus is not to the age where he mourns the loss as Joe and I have - I think he understands that he's not coming back, but he's very matter of fact about it. This morning he told me, "Maybe some food will make you feel better, Mommy." and later he said, "Jack died. Lets go tell him we're sorry." I could fill this little blog page with so many wonderful things to say about dear Jack... but it's really just enough to honestly say that he was the best. Now I just sit and cry, wondering... what in the world am I going to do without him??? =(