Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Feast With Friends

Joe and Magnus holding "Spring", the Boardmans' sweet little Italian Greyhound

The trampoline!

Backyard cookout and playtime.

The food - and oh, was it yummy! Chicken, burgers and shrimp on the 'barbie!


We went to the Boardmans' house for a Memorial Day BBQ with friends. The guys grilled some yummy meat, the kids played non-stop and Jennifer, Lisa and I talked pretty much non-stop too, when I wasn't too busy stuffing my face. =) We had more food than we could hope to eat, but we certainly gave it a valiant effort!! I thought I wouldn't want to eat again for a week, but today, not even 24 hours later, I'm thinking of that grilled shrimp and roasted corn on the cob... Ahh, what a wonderful way to celebrate and remember what our veterans and troops have done and are doing for our country. I definitely think we should do it more often!