Sunday, July 27, 2008

Horsin' Around

~Joe and E-Z~


~Xena being worked in the round pen~


~Magnus' First Buggy Ride~


~Helping Daddy Drive Jake~

Joe has been getting up early every morning (before Magnus wakes up) and playing with the horses. I have rolled out of bed several mornings to join him in the fun, but I haven't made it EVERY morning like he has! Somehow I just don't have that manly sort of stamina. Jake has not been limping much lately, so we pulled him out of retirement for some light riding/driving. I rode him one morning while Joe rode E-Z (his usual mount). Joe's also been helping with Xena's training, and has worked with her in the round pen several days this week. We've been making great strides with her in the past week, and it's exciting to now officially have another riding horse! I can thank my very own horse whisperer (Joe) for that though, as he is more assertive in his training and helped get her over the "hump" with some things that I was hung up on. Grant it, you wouldn't want to stick your grandma on her just yet, but she's doing great and we're very excited about knowing that we're training her all by our wittle selves!