Friday, April 18, 2008

Tagged

Hopefully I won't bore you all with these petty details about myself, but two people have "tagged" my blog. I feel that my public needs me and I must comply!

What I was doing 10 years ago:
I distinctly remember laying in the sun a lot. My horses would always "join" me by stopping by to say hello. Such a nice gesture! I was also trying to finish high school (homeschooling) to go off to Bible college for a few months with my cousin Lori. (She was a big girl and heading off to school - I wanted to go too! 16 was a bit young though, and I didn't last more than a semester. Ahh, home sweet home!) For fun on the weekends, my brother and I took his classic Bronco (restored by him and Dad) to car shows, and I rode horses quite a bit with my neighbor Kristi.

5 things on my to-do list today:
1. "Reason" with Magnus that crying isn't the answer.
2. Make chicken pot-pie.
3. Greet Joe (He's been gone for 5 days! Or was it 5 years?) and spend the entire evening visiting him. We have only had very short phone calls, since it's been international "rip-off rates" - he's been in the Turks & Caicos islands all week.
4. Put away the last of the groceries.
5. Feed the animals. (Hee hee... Yes, I do that every day, but I am running out of things to say here... I already cleaned the house, exercised, washed my hair and went to town today! Work with me, here.)

Snacks I enjoy:
Listen... to me, anything that looks like food and isn't still running around can be a snack. Steak would be great to snack on, IMO. But, I rarely have filet mignon hanging around, so I usually grab the fruit chews (I buy them "for Magnus", but he "shares" a LOT of them!) or dark chocolate (I need all those antioxidants!). Chocolate ice cream also tops my list. Calcium is very good for my bones, you know.

Things I'd do if I was a billionaire:
This is a good one for Joe, since he is the "I wish I were a billionaire" in the family. I have no desire to have that much money, so the first thing I'd do is get rid of it! (Probably starting my long and arduous process at the mall.)

Bad habits I have:
Not using up leftovers quick enough, and then Joe goes through the refrigerator saying, "What's this?!" to which I kindly ask him to step away from the refrigerator and I will take care of any unfinished business I have there all by myself. Another one (really, you don't want me to list them all...) is not sending greeting cards out on time, every time.

5 places I have lived:
1. West Virginia (born there - also lived half my childhood there)
2. North Carolina (lived the other half of my childhood in NC, since we "commuted" from there to our cabin in WV every week)
3. Virginia - and here I sit! Joe and I have lived here in the Richmond area for over 6 years now.

Jobs I've held:
1. Sitting with my elderly neighbor.
2. Receptionist at an animal hospital.
3. Working in the file room of a large accounting firm.
4. Currently just passed my one year anniversary of being a full-time mommy.

I'm tagging:
Do I have to do this? Okay, okay... but don't feel obligated guys - I think we've all been tagged before. Renee, Natalie, Adrian, Dan.