Saturday, April 5, 2008

Mommies aren't supposed to get sick!

Well the good news is not only do we save a bundle on our car insurance, but Joe and Magnus both had flu shots this year. The bad news is that I did NOT. I was feverish/chilling on Thursday and Friday, then I thought I was getting better since my fever broke. I was very relieved, since Joe left Friday afternoon on a trip until Tuesday! My relief was jumping the gun though, as the fun was merely starting. I was up nearly every hour last night trying my best to use up all the toilet paper, and awoke to such a weakened state that I thought I was going to have to call my mom - 4 1/2 hours away - to come take care of Magnus today. But, after a couple mugs of hot tea and some toast I felt that I would manage alone. I know she would've come in a heartbeat though! (Who else would happily enter a contaminated house?) For all you people out there paying all that money for Weight Watchers, I have a much more economical weight loss program to offer you! Stop by the house soon and I'll pass along this great program to you - free of charge! But hurry... this offer won't last long! (Disclaimer: If you live far away from your mother, friends or other trusted and caring child-care options, this may not be the weight loss plan for you.)