Monday, April 21, 2008

Caterpillar Craze


We have literally been plagued with these disgusting little creatures! They are everywhere! They nearly stripped every last leaf off my darling little trio of birch trees in the front yard before I could squirt them with death-juice. They are all over everything, and crawling all through the yard, and I don't mean just a couple of them either. Imagine my surprise when, wearing my beloved flip-flops outside, I bent to tend to Magnus (I think he was actually reaching for one of the squirming little creatures right then) and rose back to my feet only to feel this "pop-squish" beneath my bare heel. One had crawled onto my flip-flop when it gapped away from my foot as I squatted down, and it was the last thing he ever did. If you think YOU are grossed out, you should've seen MY face! I couldn't actually see the look that I must have been wearing, but I'm sure even the most stilted viewers would've received some measure of entertainment from it. From that moment on, I have had nothing but bitterness in my heart for these nasty little pests. I am waging war with a Bug-B-Gone squirt gun. Death to the caterpillars, me mates!! Aaarrgh!