Saturday, September 15, 2007

Meet E-Z...


Here's where it all started, folks. My empty wallet & snipped pastures. E-Z was my very first horse. I got him 14 years ago in WV, & it was love at first sight. He's now about 21, but nobody would guess. He's the alpha horse, very emotional, totally buddy sour & the biggest baby ever. He & Jake have been with me over half my life. (Something to think about before you go trotting out to buy a horse. They live a WHOLE lot longer than a dog, & they really don't like to be ridden any more than your dog would.) E-Z is a very large Quarter Horse mix palomino at nearly 16 hands tall. He generally hates men riders, & often times after letting someone "foreign" ride him, he pouts & avoids me for a couple days as if to say, "How could you?!" He absolutely loves Joe though! I guess he knows which side his bread is buttered on. The older he gets, the more he avoids strangers & prefers us. It even took him a couple months to get within 15 feet of Magnus after he was born. I guess I never realized horses could bond to people, but I think they sort of do. I love this old guy!