Friday, September 7, 2007

Does this saddle make me look fat?

After some time off from her training Xena is back at it! Joe babysat for me twice this week so I could ride her. She'd only had someone on her back about twice before, but she did great! She's such a calm horse - I'm actually going to have to try to get her MORE sensitive. She has also only had the bit in her mouth a few times, but takes it like a good girl. Good job, Xena! The only trouble I'm having with her is that our saddles (yes, they're the wide ones!) don't fit her back since she has no withers and is so fat! Every time I try to get on the saddle rolls, so I have to use the fence! This is especially troubling since I have a basically brand new saddle that I LOVE. Joe's saddle is the one she's wearing in the picture. Xena seems to really enjoy her lessons and always follows me all around the pasture after I'm done, as if to say, "Is that it?? Don't you want to stay and play with me some more?"